Sunday 9 August 2009

Goosebumps...

I got an email a couple of weeks ago from Bob Heske, screenwriter and publisher of Heske's Horrors' Cold Blooded Chillers, the horror anthology which won an award at last years 2009 Independent Publisher Book Awards for its collection Bone Chillers. Bob had seen my work in Cancertown and commissioned me to draw one of his scripts for his next anthology 2012: Final Prayer

The book features stories from various creators that centre around what could happen on the 21st of December 2012, the end of the Mayan Long Count Calender and reportedly the start of the end of the world. I know a few other Insomniacs, such as Martin Hayes, Ollie Masters and Dino Caruso have strips in the anthology as well as so it looks like its going to be an awesome little project.

The anthology should be available sometime in late Autumn, but I'm wrapping up my eight page contribution at the start of this week. The story I'm drawing is called 'Demented' and this is the first concept sketch of one of the characters 'Aida'. She changed a bit by the time I got to the actual drawing boards, but this was my first doodle attempt.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    I think it's shaping up to be an awesome anthology. I can't wait to see everyone's contributions.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete