Wednesday 10 February 2010

Com-poot-er?

I got an Xbox 360 for Christmas from Aimee. Not being much of a gamer, I haven't had a new gaming console since the N64 (though Aimee's sister has a Wii in the house, and we have spent a few Friday nights with Mario Kart) but the thrall of modern games was pulling me in and I finally relented.

Yes I know I'm a little behind with all this but the art in these games are amazing. The design work and detail in the environments alone are amazing. I was in awe walking through the Gears of War 2 levels in HD, just stopping at staring at the endless caverns and scenery.

Anyways, here's a quick warm up sketch I did of a Shock Trooper from Halo: ODST. It's very loose and sketchy. Also, please ignore the gun which just looks like a big bendy tube:


 . 


Wouldn't mind sitting down and trying a proper rendered illustration based on some of the games I've been playing.  Just have to find the time.


I've just realised that since it's February, this blog must be just over a year old (it was my New Year's resolution last year to start one). If you haven't read a lot of the older posts you should have a browse around. Lots to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment