Wednesday 19 May 2010

I'm drawing a Torchwood comic..

As the title quite plainly states I've been asked to draw a Torchwood comic. Its an 11 page story that will be published within the Torchwood Magazine that's available not only in comic stores, but Easons, WHSmiths and all good newsagents nationwide! Quite excited about this one as I'm a fan of the show, not to mention it'll be my first real foray into licenced characters.

Unfortunately I can't mention anything about the story, other than the fact it involves Torchwood and aliens, or even show any art as everything needs to be approved by the BBC. The strip should be great fun to draw though, with great action sequences, set pieces and some nice character work.

It all came about after I went for a Titan portfolio review with Martin Eden, the Torchwood comics editor at BICS last October. If you're a creator and needed a reason to go to a comic con, apart from the great geek drink-a-thon, there's one right there. Martin will be at Bristol this year again launching issue two of Spandex, so you should stop by his table and check it out.

I'll be at the Bristol International Comics and Small Press Expo myself this weekend coming (ash cloud permitting), doing sketches, having a nosy, a drink and there's a Cancertown signing scheduled at the Mercure for 2:30pm of the Saturday and midday on Sunday.

Hopefully see a few of you there and more details on the Torchwood project as it develops...

4 comments:

  1. Mate, that's fantastic news! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, that's amazing. Make sure we all know when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'll keep you updated of course :D

    ReplyDelete