Sunday 27 September 2009

Photogenic Fiends

It was a lot easier getting photo reference for Cancertown, considering that Morley was one of the few humans in the story and I could base him on myself. There's a much bigger cast for Slaughterman's Creed, so I had the idea of doing lots and lots of layouts, then having one big photoshoot. I've had two so far, and basically just had a few friends round, with a few drinks, a BBQ and some silly posing.

Here's Andrew Croskery, writer of kronos city with Aidan Largey, who wrote a neat crime story for Insomnia's Layer Zero: Choices anthology, acting out a quick scene and the resulting panels. This is from the first photoshoot, but when I get a chance I'll show a longer video, maybe a whole page worth and the resulting panels.





Its not that I'm atrocious at holding a camera, I was just explaining the next shot to the guys and kept the camera rolling. At least if I ever need a good crotch shot I can always use Andrew as reference.



Looking forward to BICS next weekend and sorting out my portfolio. I'll think I'll be bringing the cover I did for an upcoming project that I'll reveal on wednesday before I head off...

3 comments:

  1. Has Andrew read the script?

    Does he know what you have him portraying?

    Nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've described the character and actions to him. He relished in his own evilness. Scary man

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pleased you use photos to help with your drawings. I've been feeling such a fraud doing that, but if proper artists do it it must be OK. I'm impressed you've managed find people to model too. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete