Wednesday 7 October 2009

Back from BICS

Had a great weekend at BICS followed closely by my 25th birthday yesterday so I'm a little exhausted, but very happy.


Had the pleasure of meeting many Insomnia Creators for the first time over the weekened, as well as catching up with a few of my frequent collaborators. Here I am with only a few of them :



Michuri Morikawa, Cy Dethan, Andrew Croskey, Valia Kapadai and me.


Insomnia's newest launch titles, Burke and Hare and Buskers, got off to a great start and Insomnia's table had a crowd around it the whole weekend. Also on display at the stand was Ferret's massive Cancertown quilt, which I got to see for the first time. I think you can get a sense of scale in the photo below:



Insomnia's Alasdair and Duncan myself with Ferret's huge Cancertown quilt


Special thanks goes to Valia Kapadai who painted me this beautiful rendition of some Cancertown characters (and let me borrow the above photos for this blog):


Cancertown by Valia kapadai

Check out valia's Deviant art page to see all the other fantastic paintings she produced for her Insomnia buddies.

Other things that happened:

For a more revolutionary take on the the weekend, check out Cy's fantasy styled role playing blog post, which is quite possibly the best con report ever.

I've a lot of drawing on the table these days, which I'm happy about, so I'm going to be cutting the blog back to once a week, which will probably be every Wednesday night. Hopefully some new art and less rambling by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment